Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Waterfall

This by far was the best part of the trip. We planned on going to a specific establishment to go trekking but as it turned out we popped into Real Adventures, the sign said they do Himalaya trekking and the next thing we know we befriend the owner Cookie and he offers to take us personally to the waterfall within our time frame. He even brought juice boxes and towels for us as well. He was such a nice guy and a great tour guide.

The view traveling up the mountain was really nice. It reminded me of being in France and driving up the alps, where you can see the whole valley down below. It was really a nice sight to see. Then once we get there we start the hike…

Now, I don’t know what the heck I was thinking but for some reason I had in my head that we would be walking through a forest on flat land. It didn’t dawn on me that we were going to be climbing hills to get to this waterfall in 100 degree + 100% humidity!! Oh my lord!! After just the first hill I was already huffing and puffing and Maddy and Cookie were a good 10-15ft ahead. I was so glad when Cookie decided to show us a curry plant or interesting things so I could at least catch my breath! But just when I thought we were there, there were more steps to climb!! I have never sweat so much in my life!

After getting off the trail, we had to walk through the woods. And after walking through the woods, getting slapped in the face with branches, leaves, and plowing through plants and trees we finally see the beautiful waterfall…

Seeing the waterfall from about 50ft away was really cool. I don’t think that I have ever really seen a waterfall in a mountain let alone in the Himalaya’s. We then took off our shoes and made our way to the waterfall. Apparently the pool where the water falls is about 9 ft deep and the size of a big Jacuzzi. Maddy jumped in and our guide even went to the top of the waterfall and jumped in from about 10ft high. I just sat on the side getting the splashes of the waterfall on my face. (I didn’t want to get my hair wet…you know black girls hair… You can’t get that hair wet) But I eventually got soaked anyway.

After a while of just taking in the beautiful waterfall and watching Maddie and Cookie dive into the water I decided to do a little yoga/indian meditation. India is quite an intense country that really does get to you in a good, and bad way. After 2 weeks of being here it was definitely time to do a little meditation. I climbed up on a rock facing the waterfall, closed my eyes and sat in the proper meditation form, and I have to say that it was the most calm, peaceful, and tranquil experience I have ever had. I am so grateful that I got the chance to climb (a little) of the Himalaya's and see a beautiful waterfall.

1 comment: