Sunday, September 6, 2009

Salsa in Pappankalan!!

I was able to teach salsa in the slums!! I must give a shot out to Joe Figueroa for putting together such an amazing CD with fantastic salsa and bachata music!! Thank you so much Joe! I couldn't have taught salsa without your music.

Anyway, I taught a little salsa lesson last week and the kids really enjoyed it! I think they really liked it, when I added in some Indian moves that all the children know. It is when you put one hand on your hip and the other hand in the air and you shake your hand in the air and shake your hips. They all LOVE that move and a couple of my students get so giggly when they do it! It is soooooo CUTE. But it is sooo HOT in the room that we are teaching that you can only do salsa for 10-15 min or the heat will overcome you.

On Friday, I taught salsa for the last time with the kids and we went outside this time so that we could have some air. It was a lot of fun and Jackie ended up taping the mini lesson so I have it on video for you all to see. I will have to consult Grace on how to do this of course!!

1 comment:

  1. No problem Chantelle. :) We can do this the next time we skype! :)

    ReplyDelete